St Mary’s Hall School was constructed in 1837 and was Listed Grade 2 in 1987. Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust acquired the main school buildings in 2011. The Trust appointed Miller Bourne Architects to space plan the existing buildings and to seek Planning & Listed Building Consent for the necessary changes. The project was to accommodate administrative staff decanting from the main site associated with a major redevelopment programme. Miller Bourne Architects were appointed in 2012 by Kier Construction to lead the Design stage, discharge Planning Conditions and undertake the construction phase detailed design and production information.